TABLE OF CONTENT
Add a new user
From the WordPress administration panel, click in the sidebar on
Once on this page, two fields are required to create an account :
- Username : could be a name, first name, etc.
- Email : The person's main email address. Once entered, all site notifications (new password, etc.) will be sent to this mailbox.
- The other fields are optional
Here is the list of the different roles available:
- Administrator : access to all WordPress administration features
- Editor : can publish and manage all pages (including the ones created by other users)
- Author : can publish and manage only his/her own articles
- Contributor : can write and manage his/her own articles but is not able to publish them
- Subscriber : default role, a subscriber cannot access the administration panel. This role might be useful to allow some people to leave comments on articles.
- Sheriff : this is the status of your technical support team
In order to protect your website from dangerous handling, it is preferable to assign the role of Administrator to a limited number of persons. Do not forget that for most of the usual operations on your website (create pages and articles, modify and publish them), the Editor status is enough.
Once the role of a new user is created, click on
Add New User to validate the creation of the account (we advise you to leave the box "Send the new user an email about their account" checked, to respect the data privacy). The person will almost instantly receive an email containing a link to create a password. Once the password is created, the new user can start the login procedure.